Friday, June 17, 2011

Camp Loopy Challenge #1

Camp Loopy started on Wednesday and I didn't waste any time diving into my new yarn.

I chose Taygete for my 2 color shawl/scarf because, being a fan of Rosemary Hill,  I've been wanting to knit it for a while now.  It's part of her collection of 7 Small Shawls to Knit that she came out with last year.  The whole collection is gorgeous and I plan to work through most of them.  I also intend to sign up in advance for Year 2 so I will receive the patterns as they are released throughout the year.

Anyway, ordering colors that will complement each other over the internet can be a bit risky, but boy did I get lucky!  I am thrilled... thrilled!... with the colors I received from The Loopy Ewe.  The yarn, String Theory Caper, is absolutely luxurious as well.

Beautiful yarn does wonders for speeding up tedious garter stitch!

No comments: