Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just Another Day

I swear, I have spent the last 48 hours driving in circles... classes, practices, home, repeat.

But I did finish my first Under the Sea sock. I probably shouldn't admit that I shaved my legs just to take this picture.


Under the Sea



And I started Slinky Ribs from Custom Knits. I have wanted to knit this since I got the book... I even had the yarn in my stash. I have no idea what took me so long.

Slinky Ribs

I'm using the suggested yarn, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, which I'm finding knits up much better on my Knit Picks Harmony needles instead of the nickle plated Options that I usually use. I am actually not quite this far since I made a lame mistake when removed the provisional cast-on for the shoulders that I'd really rather not talk about.

I was originally going to do the long-sleeved version, but I think this will be light enough for some summer time wear so I may do the short sleeved version.

Oh, and I have a friend who has just started the same sweater and we're racing! (She doesn't actually know that we're racing so I think I have a pretty good chance. Shhhh.)

9 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

I do love the colorway of that sock.

I have yet to purchase any harmony circs. I do love my options though.

LOL about the race

Unknown said...

I read that as Stinky Rib! I was trying to figure out which piece it was until you mentioned provisional.

Yarnhog said...

Oooo...love the sock! (And I'm grateful for the shaved leg.)

I've been planning to do that same sweater forever. I even bought the Silky Wool months ago. But it's beige. I keep forgetting how much I dislike beige.

5elementknitr said...

Great sock!

Tammy said...

Ohhh, I'm so sad to see that the sock fits you! Waaaaaaa! Otherwise you could have sent it to a new home in the tundra!

:-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Warrior Knitter said...

Love the sock, the color and the pattern. The leg's good, too! ;~)

Knittin' Mama said...

Very pretty sock! I really like it. It makes me want to knit some socks. :)

junior_goddess said...

Now I gotta go look at the Stinky Rib ;-)

Sarah said...

Haha, I love it when you race someone and they don't know :)