Friday, February 13, 2009

I get no respect.

You know what happens when a grumpy mommy comes downstairs with a puffy sinus infected face and angrily informs her 5 sons that her brain is going to explode if she's hears another sound so they'd better be quiet as mice OR ELSE!?!?!?


Nothing. Nothing at all.


I'd go back to bed but somebody already spilt soda in my room. But of course it wasn't his fault.

My son who was supposed to put the towels in the dryer last night, forgot to turn it on so I had to dry myself off with a hand towel after my shower. (And he's the smart one.)

I want to go get season one of LOST because I have some serious conspiracy detective work to do but I don't want to drive anywhere. Lucky for me, #4 son has recorded weeks worth of his recently discovered new fave, Star Trek.

Help....

8 comments:

Lydee said...

help indeed. you need a vacation.

km said...

I know you need some sleep. Of course a bath...fresh towels...some hot tea...and warm blankets wouldn't hurt either. Feel better soon.

marit said...

oh, poor you! I've always wondered why kids doesn't come with a remote control...
Hope you get some rest during the weekend.

Liz said...

I have so been there...drying off with a hand towel! Moms just aren't allowed to be sick. Make some tea and sit in bed and knit, that's my advice, hope you feel better.

Natalie said...

The worst time ever of being a mother is when you are sick - I want a mommy, not to be one. You will get through it - ask hubby for some help? Hope you feel better soon!

Angelika said...

Didn't you read the fine print in the contract you signed when you had your kids? Moms are not permitted to get sick or have days off. Have a nice day anyway and try to feel better soon.

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, no towels usually sets the tone for the day for me too... Hope you feel better soon!

Yarnhog said...

You know, your posts are even funnier when read one after the other! (I'm doing my post-vacation blog catch-up, and your current score is four laugh-out-louds in four posts. In case you're keeping track.)