Monday, October 24, 2011

The Last Thing I Need...

Some time ago... so long ago that I don't even remember when... I pre-ordered Soctupus by Alice Yu.  I love a good surprise, but I really haven't been knitting socks lately so my first thought when it arrived this morning was that it was going straight back.  Because seriously, the last thing I need is another sock pattern book.  I almost had the willpower to not even look inside.  Almost.  But I did... and, well, it's a keeper.  Big time.

Following a few interesting chapters on fiber, yarn, sock construction and such, are 17 great patterns with a focus on texture and a variety of heel, toe, and cuff constructions.  There's even a pattern or two with beads! 

It's the most excited I've been about a sock book in a while so I had to share...










Might be time to put scarves aside for a while.

4 comments:

Good Yarns said...

yowza! they sure look like fun.

Tammy said...

It's easy to see why you wouldn't have any willpower! What wonderful patterns! Be sure to knit a pair too small for your feet and send them MY WAY! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Laura said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see which pattern you do first!

Unknown said...

Do you sell them too? How much do you charge for customized socks?

KZ of Texas Home theater