Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Winter in July?

I was surprised (and thrilled) to receive my fall Interweave in the mail today (although I will admit that wool & mohair are a bit hard to look at in 90 degree heat). Anyway, I LOVE this Wanderlust Hoodie. It's knit in the Karabella Aurora Bulky (love it) and may cost a fortune but I have to make it... even though I may only get to wear it once a year here in So Cal. I love cables and this sweater is too perfect. I wonder if I can find a lighter yarn substitute. There are actually several great sweaters in this issue that I'll have to review when the weather cools off. Meanwhile, I'll be keeping an eye out for Aurora Bulky on sale.



And for fun... my DH just ordered an awesome Lexie Barnes knitting bag for me for my birthday (okay, well I picked it out and ordered it but he encouraged me and ok'd it). "Features include durable zipper closure, side wings to prevent snags, protective padding, 2 reinforced needle pockets, 14 reinforced tool pockets, slim exterior pocket for patterns or magazine, scuff-resistant ballistic bottom and our signature non-slip shoulder straps with a 9" drop." Can't wait!







No comments: