Friday, February 15, 2008

Ummmm....



Oink??

Edited to add: I tried to leave this alone as I felt that the book really spoke for itself, but then I was laying in bed this morning thinking (this is when I do all my best thinking, solve all the world problems and unlock the mysteries of LOST) and it occurred to me that my flippant attitude may offend another knitter. Yikes! I love the craft of knitting because of the variety of moods and appetites it can appease. I was only speaking from within the limits of my own personal situation in which I am fairly certain that if my husband saw a knitted piggy (or any other knitted item) covering toilet paper in my bathroom, he would either take away all my yarn (gasp), tie me up with it, or have me committed. There. I feel much better now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL!
I never know whether I love things like that or to shake my head. But someone wrote a pattern... which required a lot of thinking about that little piggy...

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking that knitting things of that type are a sign of old age. I remember my mom having a doll in a crocheted dress on her TP when I was a child....
but then I have to admit...I am knitting stuffed animals for my children...

Auntie Pudentaine said...

"Timeless and universally appealing, toilet roll covers never go out of style"...the description just kills me!!

However, I have a couple of the cutest nieces in the world who have an entire collection of piggy stuff. They go nuts for the pigs! They would seriously faint if I knit them a toilet paper piggy cover....but I may stick with the Noni piggy purse no matter how cool I would be.