Friday, April 11, 2008

Just Another Friday

I really need to get some pictures posted. I have 3 finished knits but am being held up by button sewing and, more importantly, the necessity of brushing my hair and throwing on something besides sweats in order to be photo-ready. This week has just not allowed time for that. And I'm lazy.

However, I still find time for knitting...

The Sideways Cardigan from the new Vogue Knitting is coming along. I decided to go ahead with the pattern as written instead of adding a repeat for length. This is the first pattern I've knit from Vogue and while I love the pattern, the instructions are rather vague especially when it comes to binding off the lace pattern.

Vogue Sideways Cardigan


I started a sock with some Zen String Serendipity Fingering in the color, Jay. It took me several attempts to get a stitch count and pattern (simple 2x2 ribbing) that would prevent severe pooling. I usually don't mind pooling at all, but with such bold colors it was a bit much for me.

Zen Socks

I had a major breakdown while ordering some ShiBui Knits Sock yarn for Knitty's Lace Ribbon Scarf that resulted in this...

Sock Yarn


But now... Now... I will simply never be content until I get my hands on this pattern and some of the new Noro Matsuri (87% Cotton, 13% wool) yarn.

NO-JEJOY-Noro-Matsuri-Scarlett

It's all I can do just to try to stop thinking about it.

Obsessive? YES!

4 comments:

km said...

I like the Zen String...I always wondered how to go about finding the right stitch count for socks and pooling yarn. I guess it's just trial and error?

Looks like you've got enough projects lined up to take you through baseball season.

Charity said...

Mmmm, look at all that new yarn! Luscious! :0)

Lydee said...

Ohh, everything looks so beautiful! The yarn is delish! And your cardigan is lovely!

Octopus Knits said...

I love those stitch patterns in the cardigan - so pretty! ...and great yarn.