Friday, May 09, 2008

Knitting

Oddly enough, there seems to be an inverse relationship between the amount of time I spend on the internet and the amount of knitting I actually get done. Hmmm...

My Noro sweater is coming along and I'm still madly in love with the Matsuri. However, I'm a fickle gal and easily distracted so I wasn't content to leave the yarn for the Elinor Tunic in the bag.

Elinor Tunic

I can't say that I have anywhere near the same amount of passion for the Summer Tweed as I do for the Matsuri... in fact, it would be one of the least favorite yarns I've knit with. I got gauge right away on size 7 needles but have had to work a bit to get even stitches. That said, I did apply some steam to the partial garment and really like the drape and feel of the knitted fabric. It is knitting up quickly and my enthusiasm to get to the colorwork has kept it attached to my hands.

But, as always, I'm thinking ahead. A sale at the LYS prompted me to make this purchase today. This little jacket doesn't look like much but they have a sample in the store and it's really cute on. I've been eyeing it for awhile so when I saw the 35% off sale I knew just what I wanted.

Tahki Cotton Classic

The pattern is the Side-to-Side Garter Stitch Vest from the new Tahki "Terra Collection" pattern booklet. I think black will make a nice all season accent.

On another note... who else is loving Survivor this season? Poor Erik. But on the plus side, it may scare my boys away from girls for a bit longer.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So, I guess I missed the Mother's Day Sale. . .

Dawn said...

I've seen that pattern on ebay and love it...black will look very nice. I knew you'd have to comment about Survivor! How could he give his necklace away...duh :)
Tomorrow night will the cat fights with four girls left! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

You are really knitting like crazy lately - in a good way :o)

Oh Eric.... so easily bamboozled by a bunch of pretty girls. I can NOT believe he fell for that. The best was watching the faces of the jury!