Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hello!?!

I've managed a brief hi-jack of my husband's laptop and I'm sitting here, in my spot, with my knitting, watching season one of Lost and talking to you!! Life almost feels normal for the moment. I was even able to get some photos loaded to share. I'm probably much more excited about this than any of you, but it's been a strange feeling to be disconnected (a feeling which in itself is strange). Even more profoundly, I've learned that my laziness when faced with a flight of stairs exceeds my desire to interact with the rest of the world. Of course, being in my room forces me to face the laundry that needs to be put away, the walls that need painted, and the black hole in the corner that absorbs all the stuff I don't know where else to put... but again, we come back to laziness... so I'll just move on...

We've been busy with some of the traditional Christmas-y things...






I got the soundtrack to Wicked and Daniel, my son who really defies any standard classification, has been listening to it almost non-stop for 3 days now. I'd love to take him to see the show.


And, of course, I've been knitting....

I'm loving this Chevron Scarf and now I know why so many people are using this color combo. I've never been a real "colorful" person, usually preferring beiges and blues, but I can't wait to wear this scarf.

I've also gotten a good start on the sweater pictured below using the Dream In Color Classy yarn I got a while back. (Thanks for the inspiration, Maria.)


Oddly enough, I've gotten a lot more knitting done that usual without the laptop at my side. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Good to hear from you :o)

Twist is on my to-knit list, I love the yarn you're using.

Donna Boucher said...

Hi!!!!!
So happy to see you!
Are those graham cracker houses?
I am too lazy to try to make any sort of gingerbread thang.
So there is my confession a la mode.

That scarf is fab!

I love the colors. Did you tell us the yarn?