Monday, December 04, 2006

This and That

So, I got in the mood to finish up a pair of socks (or at least one sock). But look...


Where do I put a big huge honkin' knot in a sock knit on itty bitty size 0 needles? I've never seen a knot a sock yarn before. Hmmm... Speaking of the size 0's, I plan to avoid this size in the future. The gratification is way too delayed for me.

Midwest Moonlight is coming along... but rather slowly. I love this scarf but I'm not crazy about the actual knitting of it. I made one for my mom last and, even though I never knit two of anything (except socks - cause you gotta), I really wanted one for myself. I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK and it's going to be absolutely luxurious... someday.


And last, but not least, what a cutie....


??? What's that he's holding??? Why, it looks like new Opal sock yarn. How did that get in the picture? Hmmm... I wonder where he found that? He must not have been able to resist those amazing colors. Just guessing.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow - that Midnight Moonlight is going to be beautiful, but looks like headache knitting to me!

Cute kid with that mystery yarn find!

Laura said...

When I encounter a knot, I cut the yarn, leave about 6 inches of yarn tails to weave in securely later, and keep knitting. But I don't leave the knot - it would be too irritating to wear on the foot, and it could eventually come unknotted.

I love Opal sock yarn, too!

Charity said...

I generally cut and rejoin if I find a knot, especially with fine yarn. It's so nice to see you're raising your kids right - look at the yarn appreciation! :0)

Donna Boucher said...

This is what I would do...

"Nooooooo!!!!
Not a knot in my $25 yarn!
NO!!!!!!!"

After that....

I would cut and join (like you are adding a color)

And then I would gripe and cry some more.

I still adore the colors tho!