Friday, August 10, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

As much as I enjoy a good vacation, I really like being at home too. We had a great time and the kiddos are sufficiently worn out. Actually, that's just wishful thinking on my part... they should be wiped out, but they are stubbornly more resilient than I am. Following is a picture heavy post of our vacation...
This is my friend's home.

It's a private water ski lake, so it wasn't crowded at all. There was only one other family out there training for nationals next week. Two of my friend's children also compete, so it was fun to watch the practice runs.
The boys enjoyed some canoeing...
Lots of tubing...



Yeah, I know what you're thinking... good thing the cast is waterproof.


And my oldest tried his skills on the wake skate. (He's much more coordinated than I will ever be.)


Of course, this can get tiring...


As for me... what did I do? A little of this...
And a little of that...

Now off to tackle laundry and data entry for our school paperwork. But first I must find a good movie to subdue my wired children.

9 comments:

Lydee said...

Nice pictures, it seems like you all had a good time.

Charity said...

Looks like an awesome time! If you figure out a way to wear them out, let me know, okay? :0)

Michelle said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had lots of fun! Love that hammock!

Angelika said...

I love days like this when the vacation isn't too much or too stressy and everybody has a great time. Enjoy that drink.

Good Yarns said...

Now that looked FUN!
Maybe I should be angling for just such a vacation myself...but tell me, what was the weather like?

Olga said...

Wow! nice house! I'm still hoping we can squeeze one camping trip in before the weather goes all wonky on us.

Donna Boucher said...

There's nothing like a nice week at the lake!

Tubing is so much fun :o)

5elementknitr said...

What fun!

the Spongebob movie is usually good for making little, quiet zombie children.

Love the hammock pic! Did he have hammock triangles imprinted on the back of his body when he woke up?

Yarnhog said...

Welcome back! It looks like a great family vacation.