Monday, August 13, 2007

Waiting to Jaywalk


I've been waiting to post until I finished my second Jaywalker. Each day I optimistically think I'll be done by the end of the day but... it's just not happening. Paperwork, lesson plans, laundry, and friends (you know... those non-knitting friends) have kept me busy. And non-knitting life is really quite boring... and not at all why you're here... or why I blog.



However, in a few minutes of perusing, I did find several patterns I like over at Kpixie.

From Blue Sky...


From Lana Grossa...


I'm absolutely crazy about the sweater but it wouldn't be cheap... I'll need to wait for a big ol' sale to knit that one. The cabled tee on the other hand, I could knit with some Calmer or Svale from my stash. I'd actually like to knit it in the round and could probably get something close without a pattern... I'm just not big on the whole trial and error thing.


Anyway, on the home front... repeated delays at the docs office led DH to take things into his own hands with the Wy Guy's cast. I've come a long way. There's a time when I would have never allowed this (I like to think I have some control) and now I'm taking pictures.















Nothing says trust like a dad with a buzz saw.

12 comments:

Charity said...

What's up with our guys playing doctor, eh? I know when I had surgery, my hubby was sooo thrilled to remove my staples! :0)

I love how the Jaywalkers are coming along, the colourway is awesome!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Yep, we always laugh when they tell us to come back in 7-10 days to have stitches removed. Yeah, that'll happen.

Yarnhog said...

Aaaaah! I'm on board with taking out stitches on your own (at least, when my brother-in-law the nurse comes over to do it for me, and I have a stiff drink first), but anything that involves power tools that close to body parts gives me the willies! I admire his (apparently) steady hands.

Octopus Knits said...

Oh, my! This reminds of the time my geology field camp instructor had broken her foot (during field camp) and only a few days after getting a cast on her foot, decided it was too anoying, so she had her 9 year old son saw it off (with a hand saw). She duct-taped her foot up, stuck it in her hiking boot, and pretended she was fine! (she was a little slower, though)

Angelika said...

At first we are sooo careful with the kids, well that doesn't last long, I know. I love those projects you picked. You are the enabler again, Bad Tammy, bad. (Just kidding).

Good Yarns said...

More power tools to ya!

And i love the vest at the top of the KPixie list you have! You should knit that!

Natalie said...

Men - gotta love them (especially you with so many!). Those look like great new projects!

Lydee said...

Holy smokes! But I too have no patience with doctors and their bills.

Olga said...

AHHHH! I know homeschoolers are a self-sufficent bunch and all, but, YIKES!!!!!! I guess I'm a scaredy-cat 'cuz I have all girls.

Sarah said...

So glad the cast is off, brave boy! And Mom too!
I love those Jaywalkers, great colors!

Michelle said...

What a brave boy you have!!

Jaywalkers are lookin' great!

Auntie Pudentaine said...

I have removed stitches on my own and used crazy glue to close up my kids wounds, but you have taken hard core parenting to wonderful new levels!!