Sunday, April 22, 2007

As It Turns Out...


My 2nd Time Cotton, as lovely as it is, does not want to be a cardigan... I'm pretty sure it wants to be a simple, cool summer tee.

And, although I love the Debbie Bliss Cathay, the looser gauge that Tahoe calls for concerns me considering the amount of time my sweaters are so neglectfully tossed aside by the boy creatures I share a home and car with. But to my delight, I discovered that on size 6 needles it will make a wonderful "Basic Shell". I pulled out a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern I happened to have (did I ever mention I collect patterns as well as yarn?) and cast on. Cathay is a dream to knit with and the shell is knit in the round from the bottom up so it's the perfect book reading knit. Ahhhh... I feel much better now.

But my peace was short lived because I just saw Kaity's blog and she mentioned Wendy's Something Red. That's on my list... and I even have the yarn. You know when something gets in your head and you just can't shake it? You know when you feel like you just gotta get something done (ie. cast on) but you just have to wait? You know when you just need something red?? You know what I mean? Well, in a grand display of self control, I'm going to go to bed and make Something Red wait another day. I think I'll just pull the red Blue Sky Cotton out of it's bin on my way upstairs. Then it will be handy for tomorrow.... yeah, that's all...

BTW - I do realize that a knitting blog is more interesting if one actually posts pictures of finished knits on occasion rather than ramblings about yarn, life, and the various side effects of knitting. But what can I say... when would I blog if I actually knit?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Dreaming and talking about knitting is just as much fun as actually doing it!

My computer was down for a week and I got so much knitting done because there was nothing else to do (except my 3 jobs, being a wife/mother, housework, and cooking).

Good Yarns said...

So, how do you like the 2nd time cotton?

Maybe you should put a list of your FO's in your blog. Feelings of lacking accomplishment would disappear - pouf!

km said...

I kind of like the ramblings. A while back when Wendy talked about your Flair...I found you...and I can't remember if I've ever commented or not. I hardly do because I read knit blogs with a cup of coffee and a 2 yr old on my lap. Difficult at best for the reading...nearly impossible for the typing. I'm a mom of 3 (5, 4, and will be 2 this week). We're going to be homeschooling in the fall. Seeing that you still find time to knit gives me hope. Right now, I only knit after all little ones are in bed for the night. And the ramblings...that fits my lifestyle. I like it...just go with it. km

Tammy said...

I really like both the colors and feel of the 2nd time cotton. It's going to be a great lightweight top... someday.

I have a couple of links on the side to finished knits. Sadly, this year's collection is quite sparse.