Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Chance to Knit

I have never been a good multi-tasker but desperate times (read addictions) call for desperate measures. My latest skill is knitting while I read aloud to my children. This does present certain challenges... fortunately these are usually reading mistakes vs. knitting mistakes and slightly longer pauses when I need to turn a page. But no one seems to mind and we are definitely getting a lot more reading aloud done! Why stop to do laundry when I get to knit guilt free?

Anyway, in answer to the most FAQ, "How do you hold the book?", here's a picture. (Wow, this is actually a picture of me taking a picture of me knitting while reading aloud to my kids!) Knitting in hand, book propped off to the side and weighted down (with my Knit Picks Options set). See... piece of cake.



BTW - check out the beautiful colors of this new Harlotty Socks that Rock yarn. Person who just received this wouldn't let me get a full face shot. She claims to be too shy but I think she's just embarrassed to be caught with more sock yarn.

2 comments:

knitknerd said...

I'll have to try this sometime! Only when working in garter or stockinette though lest I insert pattern instructions into my reading. "And then Prince Caspian, astride his horse, knit two together yarn over wrap next stitch turn work..." MOM!!!!!!
Also, how are those Knit Picks options needles? I have dropped several not so subtle hints at my husband about those needles and Christmas...

Donna Boucher said...

I tried today to knit and read. Man...it was slow. Too slow!

Congrats on your new skill :o)