Saturday, January 27, 2007

Good Things Come in Small Packages

Today was Saturday and you know what that means, actually you may not, but for us today it meant Basketball!

And surely you know what that means... a day of Knitting without guilt! Yay! You know away from all that "I really should be cleaning or doing laundry" guilt. And I do mean a day... a whole day... 4 kids, 3 teams, 2 games each, first game at 9:00 and the last one started at 6:00... all day! I'm now ready to separate the sleeves on Wicked and got halfway through the back of the Mondo Cable Vest. In hindsight it doesn't seem like much for a whole day but there was a certain amount of cheering and chatting going on as well.

In knitting news, this came in the mail today...

I tried the Magic Loop for the first time on the first sleeve of Sahara, but what I failed to tell you was that I gave it another shot and actually did the entire second sleeve ala Magic Loop. Once I got the hang of it, I really liked it. Instead of constantly twirling the whole sweater around on my lap, I only had to flip the sleeve back and forth. Not only that, the sleeve turned out beautiful... nice even stitches, no gaps or loose stitches between needles. A true perfectionist would have most likely re-done the 1st sleeve to achieve the same quality... good thing I'm only a wanna be perfectionist!

Anyway, I decided to order this booklet and some longer size 1 and 2 circulars from Knit Picks and give it a shot on some socks.

Today's basketball pics feature my youngest (and smallest) basketball player. He may not have been much of a threat but he was certainly the cutest boy on the court (this is, of course, an unbiased opinion). He is the little guy in the middle of the pictures . He may be small but he's makes up for it in determination! Besides, his imagination is at least 6 feet tall!

No comments: